The Vanity Calamity

Cosmetics, Bath&Body, Skincare, Nail design...no beauty-topic is off limits here at the Vanity Calamity, my personal blog dedicated to all things beauty related. From product reviews, tips, and tutorials, I hope you can find something here that keeps you coming back for more! Any Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact me!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Konad...a new obsession

I love pampering my tips and toes. With hundreds of nail polish and nail art in my personal collection, I am head over heels in love with it all. Seriously. And, recently I stumbled upon the fairly new art of nail stamping. What a genius idea! Who doesn't want flowers, kitty cats, and horses on their nails without the hassle of cheap-looking stickers or expensive salon prices? Well, I do! So, after doing my share researching, I got my hands on Konad's Nail Art and Image Plates. You can only get these online (at least in my area), but if you go to Konad.com, or wowsocool.com, you can find and order all the Konad products to your hearts desire and locate retailers near you. Right now, I only have the starter set, with one image plate, but man~this is soooo cool! What you need to stamp (successfully, that is): nail image plate, special nail polish, image plate scraper, image stamper. It is important to use the specially formulated nail polishes, because they are thicker and dry immediatley upon contact with the nail. I have the french tip image plate, and tried it out. I found that the whole process is really easy! It does take a bit of practice to align the french manicure tips just right on my natural nail, but once I got the hang of it, *viola*, perfect french tips without the hassle of being hand-painted!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home