The Vanity Calamity

Cosmetics, Bath&Body, Skincare, Nail design...no beauty-topic is off limits here at the Vanity Calamity, my personal blog dedicated to all things beauty related. From product reviews, tips, and tutorials, I hope you can find something here that keeps you coming back for more! Any Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact me!

Monday, January 12, 2009

and so it begins...

A new semester, that is. This only means I am going to enter a bad skin phase, complete with breakouts and all...thank you stress! But in all seriousness, I decided to revamp my daily routine in regards to facial treatments. You can call it a mini-experiment. Since my face is sensitive, combination, and prone to breakouts, I have decided on a facial cleanser that will address my concerns, as well as remove makeup effectivly. These are the products I have chosen to be in my daily routine:

~Skin Effects by Dr. Jeffrey Dover Cleansing Effects Gentle Foaming Cleanser (2x day)
~Noxema Anti-Blemish Astringent (using sparingly)
~Skin Simple Eye Priority Eye Creme (both day and night)
~Cetaphil Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer (1x day)

Occasional treatments with Masques (Queen Helene Mint Julep) and Aspirin Masques. I will describe in detail the greatness of an aspirin masque in another post soon.

So far, I have used this routine for 2 days now, and I am loving the cleanser. It really lathers well and removes my mineral makeup easily. It smells, a bit, ermm...organic because it has no fragrance, but thats good! Fragrance and facial skin aren't best friends and eventually lead to breakouts! The Skin Simple eye priority is such a great eye creme! This little tub, less than $4, has been the best moisturizer for my eye area that I've ever tried. Cliniques All About Eyes was such an epic fail. That formula irritated my sensitive eye area and cause me some problems. Skin Simple is made by the same company that develops and manufactures Elizabeth Arden. So you're gonna get the high quality ingredients at a fraction of the cost. Yup, its all about the packaging sometimes.

I'll update once a week as to how this routine is working out. For now, take care....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home