The Vanity Calamity

Cosmetics, Bath&Body, Skincare, Nail design...no beauty-topic is off limits here at the Vanity Calamity, my personal blog dedicated to all things beauty related. From product reviews, tips, and tutorials, I hope you can find something here that keeps you coming back for more! Any Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact me!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

ChG Blue Sparrow

This shade was really a tough one to get right. I first fell in love with Blue Sparrow when I spotted it among the 2008 ChG Ink collection. It was really the standout shade. In the bottle, Blue Sparrow is a sunny aqua blue with silver micro shimmer throughout.


Now, Blue Sparrow was a PITA. It dried bumpy and uneven. Not what I wanted to achieve. For starters, its a matte polish. Mattes and I don't really mix. It's like we're rivals in the nail polish world. I'm more of a creme, shine, and jelly-formula finish gal.


Blue Sparrow is so eyecatching in the bottle, but that darn matte finish only diminished and underscored the effect of the shimmer quality. So it took a good serving of a base coat (Orly Nail Armor), 2 coats of Blue Sparrow, and 3 coats of a shine topcoat (Revlon Colorstay). Yep, lots of steps but I was able to get achieve a shiny and smooth finish that really gave Blue Sparrow its best showing. I even applied another topcoat after 2 days of wear to add more glaze and shine. Lasted a good week before I moved on to another mani.


Retails for about $6.50-$9 at select beauty retailers, or be a saavy girl and get a Sally's Beauty Discount card to get a bottle for $3 and some change.

Rating: 4/5.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home