The Vanity Calamity

Cosmetics, Bath&Body, Skincare, Nail design...no beauty-topic is off limits here at the Vanity Calamity, my personal blog dedicated to all things beauty related. From product reviews, tips, and tutorials, I hope you can find something here that keeps you coming back for more! Any Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact me!

Friday, February 27, 2009

DIY Colored Nail Tips

I love the classic French manicure. The iconic white and pink shades work with virtually every outfit/look possible, and it's a fool-proof way to make your hands seem 100 times more graceful. And, I always do them myself. I never have gone to a salon to get artificial nails. It's two things for me: a) fake nails means you need to get glue and acrylic, no thanks! and b) it's friggin' expensive to maintain! So, when I want to make my nails look classic, elegant, and polished, I turn to the classic French mani. But sometimes I put a twist on the classic French and use different colors for the tips of my nails. It's a fun variation from the standard French and really catches eyes.

What I used:



How I did it:

I applied Really Rosy on the tips of my nails in a side-swiping motion. Many tutorials and nail artists rely on nail strips to align the polish evenly, so I recommend this for beginners. It makes the polish apply evenly and is basically foolproof. I have gotten the hang of doing my own nails without a strip. I then let the polish dry, and applied 3 coats of Orly Sealon topcoat, letting each application dry between layers.

*Viola* A perfect for spring manicure!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home