The Vanity Calamity

Cosmetics, Bath&Body, Skincare, Nail design...no beauty-topic is off limits here at the Vanity Calamity, my personal blog dedicated to all things beauty related. From product reviews, tips, and tutorials, I hope you can find something here that keeps you coming back for more! Any Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact me!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque


I've been using this on and off since I was in middle school and began to deal with pesky acne breakouts. It seems as though everyone in my family has used, or is using, QHMJM in their skincare routines. This masque comes in two formats; a tube or tub. In my opinion, the tube is a lot more efficient and sanitary than the tub. It's just that the tub dries up like crazy, and wastes product more often than not. Plus, you don't have to dig your fingers around the tube and get all the product under fingernails, you just squeeze the needed amount out of the tube. Anyways, tis mask promises on its packaging 'to dry up acne pimples and rinse away blackheads'. Well, regarding the first part of that 'promise'--this mask does well in controlling stubborn acne flareups before they get too crazy. If I feel a zit coming along (stress-related, usually), I slather some of this over my washed and pat-dried face, leave on for about 15 minutes, and rinse it away with some nice warm water. Sometimes, I just fall asleep with it on, and rinse away in the morning, no problems with this route. Now, regarding the promise of rinsing away blackhead'...I don't really see this happening. Well, at least for me. What this masque does it help open the pores and allow for extraction if necessary. QHMJM does make my face feel smooth, and my pores are noticeably smaller after only one use. The only thing that does bother me with this masque is the smell. It seems to leave a musky psuedo-minty smell that tends to linger afterwards that drives me batty sometimes. No biggie, though. A good toner will help ease any remaining scent or residue. Overall, QHMJM is a staple for my skincare routine. You can purchase QHMJM at mass retailers, beauty supply stores, and the such for usually less than $3USD for a tube or tub.
Overall rating: 4.6/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home